School Liaison Program
The School Liaison Program Manager serves as a conduit of school information and is the primary point of contact for public and private school matters.
Child & Youth Education Services - School Liaison is committed to outreach, advocacy, and partnership initiatives that generate real-time solutions for military-connected students in grades PreK-12 as they face global educational challenges and transitions.
To deliver unparalleled educational advocacy, outreach, and partnerships for military-connected students around the globe!
- Understand and identify barriers to quality education for military dependent children in this area and develop solutions.
- Seek to promote and educate the installation, parents, our Shaw/Sumter community and schools about the unique needs of military children.
- Make connections to partners who can provide support and assistance for military families and their educational needs.
- Communicate information to allow families to effectively advocate for their children in the educational setting.
South Carolina has several options for educating your children including Public, Private, Virtual, and Home Schools. The School Liaison Program Manager can help you:
- Advocate for your child
- As an intermediary to resolve issues
- Understand South Carolina educational requirements
- Understand district policies
- Make PCS moves smooth when moving with school-aged children
- Discover educational options
- Find educational resources
- Understand the Interstate Compact
The School Liaison Officer can provide the following:
- Handbook for Parents with School-Aged Children
- Monthly Educational Newsletter
- Scholarship information for high school students
- Information on resources for students with special needs
- Information to help educators work with military children
- Checklist for transitioning students
- School district calendars
- District sports physical forms
- School supply listings
- Deployment resources
|Airman and Family Readiness Center||803-895-1253|
|Child Development Center||803-895-2247|
|Family Child Care||803-895-1212|
|Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)||803-895-1253|
|Military & Family Life Consultant||803-895-7291|
|Child & Youth Behavioral||803-895-7286|
|DoD Child Abuse & Safety Violation Hotline||1-800-336-4592|