Shaw Fitness & Health Center Annex
The Fitness and Health Center Annex is located adjacent to the USARCENT Building. It offers a large selection of fitness equipment and workout areas to suit your taste. Some of our ammenities include large locker rooms with saunas and flat screen TVs throught the center to make your workout more enjoyable. The Annex also offers 24 hour access to authorized users.
|Manned Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|Unmanned Hours of Operation
Monday - Sunday
1:01 p.m. - 5:59 a.m.
|Intramural Sport||Letter of Intents Sent Out||Letter of Intent Due||Coaches Meeting||Location of Meeting||Sport to Begin On/Or About|
|Main Fitness Ctr||2-July-18|
|Softball||1-Feb-18||15-March-18||15-March-18 @ 1000||Main Fitness Ctr||2-April-18|
|Main Fitness Ctr||1-Oct-18|
|Main Fitness Ctr||16-Jan-18|
|Skeet||Last Week in Februrary||At coaches meeting||March||Skeet/Trap House||March|
|Trap||Last Week in August||At coaches meeting||September||Skeet/Trap House||September|
The above dates are subject to change.
The 1/4 Mile Track is OFF - LIMITS during PT Testing! There are several running trails on Shaw, Please utilize them during restricted track times.
Summer (Apr-Oct) Monday-Friday - 7 a.m - Noon
Winter (Nov-Mar) Monday-Friday - 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
Common Rules for all Areas
- Towels are mandatory for care and sanitary reasons when using any exercise equipment. Please use the cleaning wipes provided to clean equipment after use.
- Improper use of equipment can be severely dangerous. If you are unsure how to use the equipment, a staff member will assist you.
- For your own safety, watches, combat boots, civilian street shoes/sandals, jewelry with proturuding mountings and belts with buckles should not be worn when using benches and machines.
- 13-15 year old children require interactive supervision from an adult (parent, legal guardian, qualified fitness or youth program staff member, or coach). Children 12 years and under are prohibited from using the equipment.
- Read instructions posted on machines prior to working out.
- When others are waiting to use the equpiment, please limit the use to 30 minutes.
Free Weight Area
- Due to the high risk of injury, we strongly urge the use of a spotter when training with free weights.
- Please remove plates from bars and machines and return to proper place after use.
Locker Room Policies (Men & Women)
- All main locker room lockers for men and women are daily use only
- All locks must be removed by the close of business. Lockers that have locks remaining on them at the end of the day will be cut off the next morning.
Sauna Polices (men and women)
Due to high temperatures, the sauna can be dangerous to your health. We recommend that you consult a physician prior to use. Persons with medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, respiratory problems and pregnant women should avoid exposure to high heat.
- Please shower before use.
- Please limit your maximum to 10 minutes for each use.
- Allow five minutes after exercising before entering.
- Food, beverages and paper are not allowed. No alcohol permitted.
- No street or gym attire allowed in sauna. This includes Rubber Suits.
- Towels must be used to sit on and to cover up or you must wear a bathing suit.
- Temperature is kept between 170-180 degrees and 5% humidity.
Indoor/Outdoor Basketball/Volleyball Court Policies
- All persons using the basketball and volleyball courts must hand carry court shoes into the facility.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times.
- Non-marking shoes are not allowed.
- Challenge court basketball is used during peak hours: Monday-Friday 11 a.m.-1 p.m. 4-6 p.m., Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, all day. Sunday from 2-5 p.m. is volleyball challenge on ½ court (must have a minimum of 10 players to set up court)
Child Care Area
For your convenience there is a child play area located down the hallway from the front counter. There is cardiovascular and strength training equipment to use as well as TV’s for your convenience while your child plays. You must be present at all times and in sight of your child.
There are three jogging trails on Shaw AFB.
- 2.8 mile trail beginning at the Monument on Patrol road, takes you by the control tower, behind ARCENT to the North side of Patrol Road.
- 1.3 mile trail begins at the Base Chapel, goes through the woods and back to the Chapel.
- 1.5 mile trail runs around the ODR Fam Camp and Softball Complex area. ¼ Mile track is available when PT testing is not in progress
- To reserve a court (basketball, volleyball (indoor/outdoor)) or field (football, soccer or softball) you must stop by the Center’s front desk and fill out a reservation form.
- Units that wish to reserve a court or field for unit PT may do so no more than 48 hours in advance.
- No recurring reservations for the month may be submitted.
- Special functions may be programmed as far out as needed with the permission of the Fitness and Sports Director.
You may also use online (.pdf) court reservation form and email it to email@example.com
November Special - Cinnamon Bun Hot Chocolate Latte
(Nov 01, 2019 6:00 am)
Pro Shop Special
(Nov 01, 2019 7:00 am)
2019 Air Force Art Contest
(Nov 08, 2019 12:00 am)
Basketball and Cheerleading Registration
(Nov 08, 2019 9:00 am)
Fort Jackson Education and Career Fair
(Nov 19, 2019 9:00 am)
Pro Football Pride
(Nov 21, 2019 12:00 am)
Amateur Trap Association (ATA) Registered Shoots
(Nov 21, 2019 9:00 am)
(Nov 23, 2019 9:00 am)
Pro Football Pride
(Nov 24, 2019 12:00 am)
Pro Football Pride
(Nov 28, 2019 12:00 am)
Reader's Choice Book Club
(Nov 29, 2019 10:00 am)
College Football Pride
(Nov 30, 2019 1:00 pm)
BOGO Skeet Rounds
(Dec 03, 2019 4:00 pm)
Career Exploration and Planning Track
(Dec 04, 2019 8:30 am)
Bundles for Babies
(Dec 04, 2019 9:00 am)
Federal Resume Writing
(Dec 04, 2019 9:00 am)